Someone’s fire claim being denied by their insurance company is something we see all too often. Only after a fire claim denial do homeowners come looking to hire a public adjuster for help. Unfortunately, there’s not much we can do after a claim has been denied. A licensed public adjuster can be very helpful, however, when hired early in the process.

Here is how a public adjuster can help you avoid fire claim denial.

What Does a Public Adjuster Do?

A public adjuster is a licensed professional with expertise in insurance claims. They work with you, the policy-holder, to protect your interests and ensure you receive the best settlement possible.

A public adjuster will:

  • Make sure your rights are protected
  • Analyze your insurance policy
  • Apply all policy provisions
  • Assess your property damage
  • Negotiate a timely settlement

Good public adjusters, like those at Aftermath Adjusters & Consulting, have the right skills and experience to help you with your fire damage claim.

Why Should I Hire a Public Adjuster?

You may get along great with your insurance agent. When you file a claim, however, they will have professional adjusters looking out for their interests. You should be able to do the same.

A licensed public adjuster will understand your policy and how much money is owed to you for damages. This amount will frequently be more than what your insurer will try to offer you. They will also negotiate with the insurance company adjuster when the need arises. Finally, their expertise will help you avoid fire claim denial, which could be devastating to you after a fire loss.

Will I Have to Pay a Fee?

You won’t need to pay out-of-pocket expenses when working with a public adjuster. Instead, your adjuster will work on a contingency fee. We only get paid after we reach a settlement for your claim.

What Kind of Claims Does a Public Adjuster Help With?

A licensed public adjuster can deal with multiple different kinds of claims. Besides fire damage claims, we can also help you with:

  • Falling object damage
  • Flooding
  • Hurricanes
  • Smoke damage
  • Water damage
  • Storms
  • Lightning damage
  • Accidents and natural disasters
  • Vehicle striking home
  • Riot/ Civil commotion
  • Sinkhole
  • Structural collapse damage
  • Theft and vandalism

Are There Other Steps I Can Take?

You still have options even if you can’t reach an agreement on your claim. You can always report mistreatment to the Department of Financial Service, consumer services and report a complaint. They will investigate your claim and advise you on what you should do next.

The department may suggest that you hire a lawyer. You should keep in mind that, unlike with an adjuster, you might need to pay a fee upfront plus other costs. When you hire an attorney, check that there is a fee structure in place.

If your home has been damaged a fire, remember that Aftermath Adjusters & Consulting can help. Our Florida licensed experts are skilled at helping people deal with their insurance companies. We can help you avoid any roadblocks that are in the way of your claim. Contact us today, and we can work to avoid fire claim denial and get the best settlement possible.