Is Mold Damage Covered By My Property Insurance?
- Some policies have a mold remediation cap of $10,000.
- Mold remediators in Florida must have a license. To get this license, mold remediators must have professional training. During the aftermath of a hurricane, finding someone licensed may be more difficult.
- FEMA has disaster aid to cover mold growth. If your policy doesn’t cover mold or the coverage isn’t adequate, you may find some relief through this assistance.
We Can Help
If you find that you have mold damage, even weeks after a hurricane or tropical storm, you need to act quickly. Our team at Aftermath Adjusters & Consulting can help you navigate the mold damage claim process. Having us on your side, especially when insurance claim companies are overwhelmed with thousands of claims, will be instrumental in getting your claim settled.
When you hire Aftermath Adjusters, we will:
- Review any prior claims to be sure that they adequately cover the damages your property received
- Inspect your home to discover any hidden damages including mold, mildew, and even structural issues that are hidden from view
- Submit the claim with all the necessary paperwork to document the claim
- Attend all subsequent inspections by insurance claims agents, contractors, subcontractors, and more
- Negotiate with your insurer to help you get the highest settlement possible based on your claim and policy
For Florida homeowners impacted by a hurricane or tropical storm, Aftermath Adjusters & Consulting is here to help. Come and experience our dedicated customer care. We work diligently on behalf of our clients. If you need help with a mold damage claim, contact our team today.